Happy Friday!! A rough start to the week with my ear infection, but feeling a bit better, still dizzy, but better nonetheless. DJ and I are off to Atlanta tonight for a whirlwind weekend of apartment hunting. I have my running shoes packed!
Things I’m excited about:
1. Finding an amazing apartment in Atlanta! We are working with 2 great Realtors who have sent some beautiful places for us to check out. We fly in to ATL tonight around 11pm and we see our first place at 9am! So excited!! I’m wondering if we’ll end up in a high rise with a rooftop pool, or a townhouse with a yard and loft?!?! Oh the possibilities!!
2. The current fall weather in CT, and the continuing summer in ATL. Here in CT we are getting the first touches of fall with cool, crisp air and sunny skies. I’m loving it as boot and sweater season are my fav. However, moving to ATL in 3 weeks only means one thing…MORE SUMMER!!! Currently the temps there are still in the low 80s to high 70s. It’ll be an adjustment, but well worth it.
3. As stressful as packing can be, I’m always up for a little re-organization. This move will definitely help with that. Combining our things (2 blenders, 2 toaster ovens, 2 sets of dishes….ugh!!!!) will be interesting. Hopefully we can sell some stuff at a yard sale next weekend.
4. Southern cooking is a delicacy all in itself. Biscuits and gravy, shrimp and grits and collard greens are some of my favorites. I’m hoping that I can learn to make some healthy versions of these once we move down there
5. NoRA Cupcakes in Middletown, CT….they are to die for! I had the “Bubbly” cupcake last night which features Champagne cake, chocolate ganache filling and Champagne buttercream frosting. Totally worth the calories for a sweet treat.
From their website @ www.noracupcake.com
NoRA is a “new generation” bakery focused on artistic cupcakes with an emphasis on non-traditional recipes. Our menu features more than 100 flavors, many of which are elaborately decorated and stuffed with unique and unusual fillings. It’s what happens when a cupcake company is born in a bar.
The NoRA bakery and retail store is located at 700 Main Street in Middletown across the street from Eli Cannon’s Tap Room and just north of Rapallo Avenue (that’s North of Rapallo Avenue,NoRA, get it!).
Have a great weekend!
Peace, love and spanks